Frozen Raspberry Mousse
Serve this with whipped cream and berries or with a light chocolate sauce.
Serves 8 to 12
2 10-ounce bags frozen raspberries
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons Framboise
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup egg whites
One 9 or 10-inch Springform pan
- To make raspberry puree, heat the frozen berries with 1/2 cup water until melted. Simmer 5 minutes, then puree and strain. This should make about 2 cups puree. If not reduced to 2 cups, return puree to heat and reduce further.
- Combine puree and lemon juice and chill.
- Combine cream and Framboise and beat until firm but still fluid.
- Combine sugar and egg whites in bowl of mixer and heat over simmering water, whisking, until hot. Beat cold on medium speed, being careful not to overbeat. Stir puree into meringue, fold in cream. Mold and freeze.
- Run a knife between dessert and Springform before removing outside of pan. Cut into wedges to serve.